Saturday, November 10, 2007

Diwali @IIMA


The Fabulous 3-D Rangoli from D-19



Amazing Lights at LKP


Diwali is one of those festivals, which is best celebrated at home. I never missed a diwali at home till second year at IIT, those were some days.

But, now given that I reside in the opposite corner of the country, I could not have gone home for the occasion. Still I could visualize the purchase of silver coins and utensils being made on Dhanteras day and all the decorations being done for the Diwali extravaganza.

After talking to my parents for hours and cribbing about missing yet another diwali at home, i decided I need to make up for it and have the best of fun at Ahmedabad as it is going to be my last "diwali" at campus.

The day started with me waking up at 12:45pm with Pinki's phone call....thanks to him, I could reach in time for the lunch at Handa Sir's house.

The lunch was simply delicious with puri, chhole, chat, dahi wada and not to forget the delicious ice cream. We returned and the "Kumbhkaran" in me returned and I decided to allow myself a short nap of a little more than 2.5 hours.....it is just 5:30 in the evening.

I met the cultcomm team at 6 who were busy preparing the LKP for diwali celebrations....I could not have let go this opportunity of participating in Diya decorations....if not home, let WIMWI be the place...

Later at 8, we the full dorm went for a dinner in tower lawns with Netaji leading the way....we followed it with a small tour of the rangolis in various dorms...

I am simply amazed how do these guys manage to do it in so little time amidst the busy life of WIMWI....D-19 3-D figure of Ganesha was awesome, even better than many rangolis I had seen at KGP...the ones made after efforts of several weeks.

Finally, I ended the night with several diwali wish phone calls to friends, family and relatives.

Overall, a nice cherishable day....I truly enjoyed it.

No comments: